- To motivate the students to keep their surrounding green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits of life style for minimum waste generation.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags.
- Educate children about the reuse of waste materials and preparation of products out of waste.
Eco Club has initiated a small step to create and develop awareness and a sense of ecological environment among our students. The club has inculcated the benefits of raising plantation, vegetable garden etc and educated the students with different biodiversity improvement measures through different activities.
On 6th July 2019 students of the Eco Club celebrated Vanamahotsava. Students planted many saplings near Government ITI, Mangaluru under the guidance of Range Forest Officer Mr Sridhar along with Principal Rev. Fr Robert DSouza and teachers.
To reduce plastic waste, students reused the empty milk packets to grow saplings. Students also reused the old newspaper by preparing envelopes and they distributed it to a pharmacy. The collecting of waste and preparing
compost was taught. Scrap book activity on biodegradable and non- biodegradable waste was done. To create awareness about save water, students prepared posters on water conservation and exhibited the models of rain water harvesting.
Students planted few medicinal herbs and vegetable plants in the backyard of the school. They went for a nature walk around the school campus and identified many plants and its uses. Students were taken on a field trip to the terrace garden at Bharat High School, Ullal.