Fire Safety Management
Lourdes Central School ensures safety of the school, students and staff contributing towards mitigating and reducing the impact of any future fire and other emergent situations. Fire safety is important for a simple reason that a large number of young lives are gathered at one place every day and a single fire incident can affect all of them dreadfully. Hence, our School has undertaken many precautions to avoid any untoward incidents, like fire. Fire can go out of control and hence it’s imperative to have appropriate fire safety in any school.
Our school provides a fire-safe place for our children. It is equipped with fire protection, including portable fire extinguishers, fire hose, fire alarm, nozzles, couplings, valves, maps with escape route and related interior equipment, along with pre-engineered fire suppression systems. Every floor has a fire extinguisher and sand banks. These can be used to control the fire before it spreads. This is an important job that can easily be taken care of by teaching and non- teaching staff.
They need to ensure that fire exits, alarm stations and stairways are clear at every time of the day. Doing this will make it easier for students to exit to safety without any hindrance in the event of an emergency. Clear maps are posted in every floor that shows two or more escape routes in the event of a fire.
What to do in case of fire outbreak in school? Here’s what you should follow:
• As soon as you hear a fire alarm, make sure you go to the nearest exit. It is wise to go to open spaces than staying indoors.
• Listen to directions carefully such as getting in line and taking stairs.
• Walk calmly out of the building following your teacher or a volunteer. Do not panic. Avoid running because it can cause injury.
• Do not use washrooms or lock yourself in a classroom, as it can lead to smoke accumulation doing more harm than good.
• Stay with your teacher until he/she says it is safe to return to class.
Preventing fire tragedies and disasters from taking place in schools, is the most crucial issue that a school should deal with. It is a great responsibility of any school to put in place all essential school fire safety measures to prevent fire disasters and tragedies.
Ensure Fire Safety, Save Life, Save Property