Parent-Teacher Interactive Session – Class 1 -10.06.2021
The first virtual Parent Teacher Meeting of the academic year 2021-22 was held on 10-06-2021 in two sessions from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
The meeting began with the prayer song. The Principal Rev Fr Robert D’Souza, the Co-ordinator Ms Apoline Lobo, the Class Teachers and subject teachers, parents and children were welcomed to the meeting.
All the teachers introduced themselves. Ms Francisca Dsouza gave a brief history of the school, the achievements, activities conducted in the school and the accomplishments of the students.
Parents were also briefed about how the online classes and offline classes through the pre recorded videos and the mode of assessments. Later the session was open for queries and Principal answered them all and cleared their doubts.
- Parents enquired about the timings of the zoom classes, for which the Principal replied there will be changes and it will be told in advance to the parents.
- Parents appreciated the hard work and efforts of the School Management, the Principal and teachers, to which the Principal thanked the parents and ask them to continue their support to the school.
- Whether working parents could submit their work late in the evening or latest the next day – the Principal assured the parents that they could send the homework whenever they are free.
- They had queries whether the Hindi alphabet would be revised again in class 1 and the Principal replied that it would be done so.
- They showed concern saying that it would be nice if the student teacher interacted at least twice a week through the zoom classes and the Principal assured them that they would do so.
- Principal answered to all the queries and highlighted that parents must contact teachers to get first hand information and avoid contacting other parents to clarify their doubts.
- He also informed that the school not only emphasises on academics but active participation in other activities to develop the child by making them become independent and able citizens for tomorrow.
- He mentioned the latest activity with connection to the Environment Day and the activity teaching how to be Self Disciplined.
Over all the parents were highly appreciative and happy about the virtual classes which is going on.