Parent-Teacher Interactive Session – Class VIII -14.06.2021
“No school can work well for children if parents and teachers do not act in partnership on behalf of the children’s best interests” – Dorothy H Cohen.
The Parent Teacher Interactive Session for the academic year 2021-22 was held virtually on 14-06-2021at 4:00 p.m. for classes VIII A& B and at 4:40 p.m. for classes VIII C & D.
The programme began with prayer song, The Principal, Vice Principal, subject teachers and parents were welcomed for the Interactive session. Subject teachers introduced themselves, subjects and classes they taught.
Ms Annie Lobo school counsellor presented value based talk to the parents.She said to handle children with love and care, not to hurt their feelings.To teach them to be honest, affectionate, respectful, responsible, to adjust and to compromise with each other. Not to show anger, humiliate and over pamper. To understand the minds of their children.To give love and not hatred.
She also quoted “To go to the Moon, you go first, invite them and they will follow”.
Ms Gretta Menezes briefed the parents about internal assessment and online class ethics like managing gadgets, supervision of children by parents and online discipline.
Principal requested the parents to give their valuable suggestions, observations, positive motivations and queries if any.
- Principal thanked the parents for attending the Parent Teacher Interactive Session. He also thanked the Parents on behalf of the Management, Teachers and Students forsupporting and adjusting to the new mode of online classes during the academic year 2020-21 and it was a successful one.
- He also quoted- “Well begun is half done”. This academic year time table, guidelines, calendar and exam pattern have been planned well in advance.
- He told the parents to monitor their wards during the online classes by logging in at the right time, deadline to submit notes and wearing school uniform was mandatory.
- He also told the parents that they will join only one official WhatsApp group created by the respective class teachers of LCS for communicating.Creating any other WhatsApp group by parents will not be entertained.He suggested the parents not to join such groups.
- He told the parents to encourage their wards to take part in the activities during online classes since we follow activity based learning.
- Students who have not collected books can collect from the school office after lock down is lifted.
- Parents are free to contact the Vice Principal and Counsellor for counselling their wards.
Many parents gave positive feedback about online classes. Their wards were comfortable with the teachers since they interact and counsel them during online classes.