- To develop scientific temper among students.
- To ensure and encourage to become Amateur Astronomers.
- Study the vastness of the universe
- Understand the features of different numbers of the solar system.
- Understand the basic concepts of science used in astronomy.
- Arouse the interest in observing astronomical events and phenomenon around us.
- Understand the phenomenon of eclipses.
- Develop the skills to use telescope.
- Identify various celestial bodies like stars, constellations and planets in the real night sky.